Currently, depression is one of the difficult health disorders and it is not easy to diagnose. It affects the individual very severely with a large range of symptoms. The regular treatment procedures include antidepressant medicines, behavioral and psychotherapy, and for some cases electroconvulsive therapy, it is also called as shock treatment. You don’t have many natural treatments because of lifestyle changes such as sleeping, exercise, and diet; however, there is no proper cure for depression. Individuals who are suffering from depression experience constrained success with accessible therapies that is why they want to explore the medical marijuana benefits for depression provided cannabis clinic Toronto. However, there are contradicting perceptions on the effectiveness of treating depression with medical marijuana. But, people are observing optimistic results from the latest studies.
Indicators of Depression:
The APA (American Psychiatry Association) classifies depression as a CMDD (Common Major Depressive Disorder) and very serious medical disease that affects negatively on the feelings of the individual. The way they think and how they act will depend on their feelings and negative affects. Depression causes sadness and it can further lead to various devastating emotional and physical problems. Symptoms of depression ranging from mild to severe include:
- Loss of pleasure or interest in activities once the individual used to enjoy
- Having a depressed mood or feeling sad
- Changes in appetite, causing weight gain or loss not linked to dieting
- Increased fatigue or loss of energy
- Sleeping too much or trouble sleeping
- Feeling guilty or worthless
- Increase in aimless physical activity like pacing or hand-wringing or slowed speech and movements that are visible to others.
- Thoughts of suicide or death
- Difficulty in concentrating, thinking or making decisions
Risk factors that may add to depression include personality, genetics, and environmental factors, but it is associated with biochemistry is the most considerable factor when analyzing treatment with medical marijuana from cannabis clinic Toronto. Biochemistry attributes to dissimilarities in particular chemicals in the brain that can add to symptoms of depression. The most impressive and promising health benefits of this medical weed depend on different compounds in marijuana by the EC (Endocannabinoid) system.
The two major compounds of cannabidiol (CBD) and the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and combination of these compounds have been confirmed to effect in a range of health benefits. The studies conducted on postmortem patients who died from depression and other kinds of mental disease have shown that the EC system is not normal. The idea is that the cannabinoids could provide therapeutic prospective in depression and other mental disorders as it stabilizes the EC system.
However, more research is needed to verify considered benefits, naturalistic research and studies have been done and show visible improvement in the depression symptoms. A study published in the JOAD (Journal of Affective Disorder) in August 2018, found a direct connection between medical marijuana use and depression. 12,000 sessions were added in the test group using an RT (Response Tracking) app and integrated the following highlights:
- Women stated a larger reduction in apprehension as a function of cannabis compared to men
- Cannabis considerably reduced depression ratings, stress, and anxiety.
- High CBD/Low THC cannabis was best for decreasing professed symptoms of depression.
To find more visit this article!